- Title: Newton Co.
- Author: Texas General Land Office
- Date: ca. 1925
- Medium: Lithograph
- Condition: Very good
- Inches: 14 x 17 [Paper]
- Centimeters: 35.56 x 43.18 [Paper]
- Product ID: 3112170
Antique Texas county map published ca. 1925 by Wolf & Bennett for the Texas General Land Office. General Land Office maps show land patents, block and tract numbers, landowners, towns, railroads, and portions of adjacent counties where property boundaries extend beyond county limits.
This map shows Newton County, est. 1846. The county seat of Newton is shown at center. This East Texas county borders the Sabine River and the State of Louisiana. It is surrounded by Grange, Jasper, and Sabine counties.
Survey date – 1905
- Uniform age toning, a bit darker along edges, paper somewhat fragile, original binding holes present.
- Very light tidal marks on right margin. Does not extend into image.
- Light band of discoloration at top left.
- Very good overall condition.