Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you sell reproductions?
We do sell a handful of reproductions - these are mainly maps of Houston, the originals of which are highly sought after by collectors and hard to come by. However, 99% of our collection is original - the bulk of our products are authentic antique maps and works on paper created on or around the date listed in their product description. Any piece that could not be described as original is clearly labeled.
- Do you offer a certificate of authenticity?
Yes. We will provide certificates of authenticity with any purchase upon request. If you would like to receive a certificate of authenticity with your online purchase, please indicate so in your order notes and we will make sure one is provided.
- Do you buy maps and prints?
- Do you ship internationally?
Yes. If you have specific questions pertaining to international shipping, please call or email us.
- How do you ship antique maps and prints?
Depending on a piece's size, we either ship in flat, padded packages or in thick cardboard tubes. Globes and other oddly-shaped pieces are packed in multi-layer boxes with padding in between. We have years of experience shipping the rarest of maps and globes around the world.
- Are shipments insured?
- Can I return a piece I am not satisfied with?
Yes. Any purchase may be returned for a full refund for any reason, provided that:
- The item is returned within 10 working days
- The item remains in the same condition as when it left our premises
- The item is packed and shipped correctly
We certify that all items listed on our website are guaranteed as described.
View our return policy in greater detail here.
- Can I have a piece I purchase from The Antiquarium's website framed before shipping?
Yes. Framing consultations can be done through video-chat platforms if you are not located in the Houston area. To view information on our framing services, visit our "Consultations and Appointments" page in the "Custom Framing" tab. Please include a note in your order to indicate you would like to explore framing options before shipping.