- Title: Pony Express Route April 3, 1860 - October 24, 1861
- Author: W.H. Jackson, H.R. Driggs, Union Pacific
- Date: c. 1951
- Condition: Sturdy paper, some creasing throughout with dinged paper edges, Image is clear without damage save for above mentioned creases, two small pieces of scotch tape on verso
- Inches: 30 x 10 1/4 [Paper]
- Centimeters: 76.2 x 26 [Paper]
- Product ID: 308050
This brightly colored pictorial map presents the Pony Express Route from St. Joseph, Missouri to Sacramento, California. The map identifies a great number of stops along the route where riders would rest and refuel and is illustrated with small vignettes including Old Fort Laramie, Sweetwater Station, the Valley of the Great Salt Lake and the Relay Station near Utah Desert. Fresh horses would await riders at the stops so that they could continue riding at the quickest pace. The map includes text and illustrations by Howard R. Driggs.