- Title: Wheeler Co.
- Author: Texas General Land Office
- Date: ca. 1925
- Medium: Lithograph
- Condition: Consistent with age
- Inches: 14 x 17 [Paper]
- Centimeters: 35.56 x 43.18 [Paper]
- Product ID: 3112225
Antique Texas county map published ca. 1925 by Wolf & Bennett for the Texas General Land Office. General Land Office maps show land patents, block and tract numbers, landowners, towns, railroads, and portions of adjacent counties where property boundaries extend beyond county limits.
This map shows Wheeler County, est. 1876. The original county seat of Mobeetie is shown upper left. In 1908, the county seat was moved to the town of Wheeler, about 7 miles to the southeast. The North Fork of the Red River flows west to east through the county. Indian Territory of Oklahoma borders the county on the east, while Collingsworth, Gray, and Hemphill counties surround on the south, west and north.
Survey date – 1899
- Uniform age toning, a bit darker along edges, paper somewhat fragile, original binding holes present.
- Minimal marginal chipping
- Old marginal tape repairs along bottom left, affecting image, stable.
- Condition consistent with age.