- Title: Suite de l'Histoire de Bithinie et de Pergame
- Author: Louis Charles Desnos
- Date: c. 1770
- Medium: Hand-colored copperplate engraving
- Condition: Very Good Plus - light age toning and foxing, issued center fold
- Inches: 21 1/2 x 15 [Paper]
- Centimeters: 54.61 x 38.1 [Paper]
- Product ID: 315061
Map of the Kingdom of Pergamon and the Roman province of Bithynia. Regions depicted include present-day Turkey, Crete, Macedonia, Cyprus, and Armenia, as well as the Mediterranean and Black Seas.
Louis Charles Desnos (1725-1805) was a geographer, bookseller, engineer, and marketer for globes and spheres. Desnos held the coveted position of Royal Globemaker to the King of Denmark, Christian VII. The map features original hand color in outline as well as columns of French text, with remarks and details, to the left and right of the map.