- Title: Tabula Generalis Sabaudiae
- Author: House of Blaeu
- Date: 1682
- Medium: Hand-colored copperplate engraving
- Condition: Very Good - age toning, paper loss in margins, wear along issued center fold
- Inches: 24 x 20 1/4 [Paper]
- Centimeters: 60.9 x 51.4 [Paper]
- Product ID: 233043
This exquisite old map was published in 1682 by the famous House of Blaeu. Its founder, Willem Blaeu (1571-1638), was the son of a wealthy herring merchant who gave up the family business to follow his passions, eventually becoming one of the most prominent figures in European cartographic history. This map was published by his heirs after his death.
The map depicts the Duchy of Savoy, which encompassed parts of modern France, Italy, and Switzerland. It includes beautiful engravings showing Savoy's Coats of Arms held by cherubs.