- Title: Geological Map of England & Wales
- Author: G. W. Bacon & Co.
- Date: c. 1880
- Medium: Hand-colored engraving
- Condition: Good - dissected and laid on cartographic linen, light age toning and surface dirt, tidemark in lower right margin, some small separations in linen between map panels
- Inches: 21 1/4 x 25 1/2 [Paper]
- Centimeters: 53.98 x 64.77 [Paper]
- Product ID: 317037
Hand-colored folding map showing the geologic divisions of England and Wales. Distinct geologic regions are marked according to a color-coded legend along the right margin. A diagram along the left margin shows the relative thickness of various geologic deposits, and horizontal profiles near the upper and lower margins show the distribution of layers within certain geographic areas. Map in original hard cover binding with marbled paper lining.