- Title: Suite de l'Histoire Sainte Depuis l'An 3802, jusqu' en l'An 3838
- Author: Louis Charles Desnos
- Date: c. 1770
- Medium: Hand-colored copperplate engraving
- Condition: Very Good Plus - light age toning and foxing, issued center fold
- Inches: 21 1/2 x 15 [Paper]
- Centimeters: 54.61 x 38.1 [Paper]
- Product ID: 315089
Map of the Holy Land including Cyprus, the Nile delta, part of the Red Sea, the River Jordan, and Mt. Sinai.
Louis Charles Desnos (1725-1805) was a geographer, bookseller, engineer, and marketer for globes and spheres. Desnos held the coveted position of Royal Globemaker to the King of Denmark, Christian VII. The map features original hand color in outline as well as columns of French text, with remarks and details, to the left and right of the map.