- Title: Wharton Co.
- Author: Texas General Land Office
- Date: ca. 1925
- Medium: Lithograph
- Condition: Very good
- Inches: 14 x 17 [Paper]
- Centimeters: 35.56 x 43.18 [Paper]
- Product ID: 3112224
Antique Texas county map published ca. 1925 by Wolf & Bennett for the Texas General Land Office. General Land Office maps show land patents, block and tract numbers, landowners, towns, railroads, and portions of adjacent counties where property boundaries extend beyond county limits.
This map shows Wharton County, est. 1846. The county seat of Wharton is shown upper center, at a bend in the Colorado River. The town lies at a junction of the Cane Belt Railroad and the Nueces, Yoakum, Texas & Mexico Railroad, The San Antonio & Aransas Pass Railroad and the Galveston, Harrisburg & San Antonio Railroad pass through the northwestern corner of the county. The northern boundary of Wharton County is defined by the San Bernardo River, and is surrounded by Austin, Fort Bend, Brazoria, Matagorda, Jackson, and Colorado counties.
Survey date – 1906
- Uniform age toning, a bit darker along edges, paper somewhat fragile, original binding holes present.
- Minimal marginal chipping
- Tidal marks on right side, extending into image.
- Very good overall condition.