- Title: Royaumes d'Arménie et de Cappadoce Depuis l'An 3781, jusqu' à l'An 3856
- Author: Louis Charles Desnos
- Date: c. 1770
- Medium: Hand-colored copperplate engraving
- Condition: Very Good Plus - light age toning and foxing, issued center fold
- Inches: 21 1/2 x 15 [Paper]
- Centimeters: 54.61 x 38.1 [Paper]
- Product ID: 315058
Map of Armenia and the Roman province of Cappadocia. Includes parts of the Black and Mediterranean Seas, as well as the Nile Delta in Egypt and parts of present-day Saudi Arabia, Syria, Lebanon, Turkey, and Cyprus.
Louis Charles Desnos (1725-1805) was a geographer, bookseller, engineer, and marketer for globes and spheres. Desnos held the coveted position of Royal Globemaker to the King of Denmark, Christian VII. The map features original hand color in outline as well as columns of French text, with remarks and details, to the left and right of the map.