Title: Common Capiscum et al
- Author: John Hill
- Date: 1757
- Medium: Copperplate engraving
- Condition: Very Good - age toning, light foxing
- Inches: 17.5 x 11 [Paper]
- Centimeters: 44.5 x 28 [Paper]
- Product ID: 306038
1. Common Capiscum
2. Golden Capiscum
3. Laurell leav'd Passion Flower
4. Spotted Cistus
5. Crimson Amaryllis
6. Mutable Hibiscus call'd The China Rose
7. The PomegranateEden: or, A Complete Body of Gardening by John Hill, London, dated 1757. Containing plain and familiar directions for raising the several useful products of a garden, fruits, roots, and herbage; From the practice of the most successful gardeners and the result of a long experience. Together with the culture of all kinds of flowers, according to the methods of the English, French and Dutch florists. With figures and descriptions of the flowers and plants proper for a garden.
This detailed, charming and whimsical work by John Hill, the first author to introduce the Linnaean taxonomic system to England, depicts newly imported plants from America and Asia. It served as a guide for florists, merchants and gardeners.