- Title: Historical Chart of the World on Mercator's Projection
- Author: H. C. Tunison
- Date: c. 1890
- Medium: Hand-colored engraving
- Condition: Very Good Plus - light age toning, minor tears in margins
- Inches: 21 7/8 x 14 [Paper]
- Centimeters: 55.56 x 35.56 [Paper]
- Product ID: 318079
Historical Chart of the World
on Mercator's Projection
Showing Dates and Routes of
Voyages of Discovery,
Lines of Equal Temperature,
Distribution of Races,
and the Greatest Ocean Depths,
Advantages of Mercator's Projection
I. Places are shown in their true bearings to each other.
II. True shapes of Continents are given, although expanded toward the Poles.
III. Distances are readily and exactly measured.
These reasons make it universally used by Navigators.
Map of the world by Tunison including extensive data about its continents, cities, population over time, climate, topographical features, and people. Also features a list of great military battles with dates and marks routes taken by famous explorers.