- Title: Ungariae Loca Praecipua
- Author: Abraham Ortelius
- Date: 1579
- Medium: Hand-Colored Copperplate Engraving
- Condition: Very Good Plus
- Inches: 20.25 x 14 [Image]
- Centimeters: 51.4 x 35.5 [Image]
- Product ID: 233049
VNGARIAE LOCA PRAECIPVA RECENS EMENDATA ATQVE EDITA, PER IOANNEM SAMBVCVM PANNONIUM, IMP. MS. HISTORICUM 1579
This beautiful hand colored map of Hungary was published in 1579 by pioneer map-maker Abraham Ortelius as part of his Theatrum Orbis Terrarum (Theatre of the World), which is considered the first modern atlas.
The Danube winds through the center of the map. The ancient city of Budapest is depicted to the left of the map's center, while the legendary region of Transylvania is depicted at right. Intricately engraved depictions of people and animals dot the cartographic landscape.