- Title: Jim Hogg Co. Brooks Co.
- Author: Texas General Land Office
- Date: ca. 1925
- Medium: Lithograph
- Condition: Very Good
- Inches: 14 x 17 [Paper]
- Centimeters: 35.56 x 43.18 [Paper]
- Product ID: 3112137
Antique Texas county map published ca. 1925 by Wolf & Bennett for the Texas General Land Office. General Land Office maps show land patents, block and tract numbers, landowners, towns, railroads, and portions of adjacent counties where property boundaries extend beyond county limits.
This map shows the neighboring counties of Jim Hogg County, est. 1913, and Brooks County, est. 1911. The seat of Jim Hogg County is Hebronville, shown top left on the east edge of the “Noriecitas” ranch, on the Texas & Mexican Railroad. The seat of Brooks County, Falfurrias, is in the upper right, at the end of a branch of the San Antonio & Aransas Pass Railroad. The counties are bordered by Webb, Duval, Jim Wells, Nueces, Willacy, Hidalgo, Starr, and Zapata counties.
Survey date – 1912, 1913
- Uniform age toning, a bit darker along edges, paper somewhat fragile, original binding holes present.
- Marginal chipping
- Some hand annotations
- Very good overall condition.