Title: Map of Long Island
- Author: Beers, Comstock & Cline
- Date: 1873
- Medium: Hand-colored lithograph
- Condition: Very Good - light age toning, creasing throughout, foxing, areas of surface dirt, wear along issued folds
- Inches: 54 1/4 x 15 3/4 [Image]
- Centimeters: 137.7 x 40 [Image]
- Product ID: 222029
Map of Long Island Published by Beers, Comstock & Cline No. 36 Vesey St. N.Y.
Map of Long Island and environs showing New York City, parts of New Jersey and Connecticut, and the mouth of the Hudson River. Also depicts Brooklyn, Staten Island, Newark, Jersey City, Manhattan, Central Park, Manhasset, the Hamptons, and Montauk. Concentric circles mark how far various points on the map lie from the city center of Manhattan. Longitude marked from both the Greenwich and Washington meridians.
Beers, Comstock & Cline was a prominent map publishing partnership that operated in the United States during the second half of the 19th century. The firm quickly gained recognition for their high-quality and accurate maps of various regions in the United States. Beers, Comstock & Cline's maps were primarily focused on detailed depictions of individual states, counties, and cities, including street layouts and property boundaries.