- Title: Polesino di Rovigo
- Author: House of Blaeu
- Date: 1650
- Medium: Hand-colored copperplate engraving
- Condition: Very Good Plus - light age toning, issued center fold
- Inches: 20 1/2 x 15 3/4 [Image]
- Centimeters: 52 x 40 [Image]
- Product ID: 233044
This beautiful antique hand-colored map published by the House of Blaeu in 1650 depicts Polesine of Rovigo, a region in Northeast Italy. Beautifully engraved ships are depicted floating in the Adriatic sea to the east. The city of Rovigo lies near the map's center, while the city of Ferrara can be seen at lower left.
Willem Blaeu (1571-1638), was the son of a wealthy herring merchant who gave up the family business and eventually became one of the most prominent figures in European cartographic history. This map was published by his heirs after his death.