- Title: Révolution Annuelle de la Terre Autour du Soleil
- Author: Andriveau-Goujon
- Date: 1877
- Medium: Hand-colored steel engraving
- Condition: Very Good Plus - age toning, wear along issued center fold, minor paper loss in bottom right margin
- Inches: 27 3/4 x 20 3/4 [Paper]
- Centimeters: 70.49 x 52.71 [Paper]
- Product ID: 313001
Composé et Dessiné par H. Nicollet. Le Terre et les Fig. Suppl. par E. Soulier.
"Annual Revolution of the Earth Around the Sun"
Celestial chart of the Earth's annual orbit around the Sun published by French cartographic firm Andriveau-Goujon in 1877. The piece's central diagram shows the Earth's orbit with the orbits of Mercury and Venus, marking the four solstices and equinoxes as well as Earth's degree of inclination and declination from the Sun. Also included are two diagrams theorizing about the phenomenon of twilight and the Earth's daily rotation. Extensive descriptive text in the piece's left and right margins expands upon its diagrams.