- Title: Royaume des Parthes Depuis l'An 3752, jusqu' à l'An 3841
- Author: Louis Charles Desnos
- Date: c. 1770
- Medium: Hand-colored copperplate engraving
- Condition: Very Good Plus - light age toning and foxing, issued center fold
- Inches: 21 1/2 x 15 [Paper]
- Centimeters: 54.61 x 38.1 [Paper]
- Product ID: 315057
Map of the Parthian Empire based in present-day Iran. Includes the Red and Caspian Seas, a small part of the Black Sea, and regions such as present-day Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Armenia, Georgia, Azerbijan, Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, Pakistan.
Louis Charles Desnos (1725-1805) was a geographer, bookseller, engineer, and marketer for globes and spheres. Desnos held the coveted position of Royal Globemaker to the King of Denmark, Christian VII. The map features original hand color in outline as well as columns of French text, with remarks and details, to the left and right of the map.