- Title: Soliscirca Orbem Terrarum Spiralis Revolutio
- Author: Andreas Cellarius
- Date: 1708
- Medium: Hand-colored copperplate engraving
- Condition: Very Good Plus - light age toning, faded original coloring
- Inches: 21 x 18 [Image]
- Centimeters: 53.85 x 46.15 [Image]
- Product ID: 319042
Soliscirca Orbem Terrarum Spiralis Revolutio.
"The Solar Cycle of the World."
Celestial chart demonstrating the Earth's axes as it rotates around the Sun.
Andreas Cellarius (1596-1665) was a Dutch-German cartographer, best known for his Harmonia Macrocosmica, a major star atlas published in 1660 by the Amsterdam publisher Johannes Janssonius (1588-1664) as a cosmographical supplement to his Atlas Novus. Cellarius had already started working on this atlas before 1647 and intended it to be a historical introduction for a two-volume treatise on cosmography; however,the second part was never published. The plates of his Harmonia Macrocosmica were then reprinted in 1708 by the Amsterdam publishers Gerard Valk (1651-1726) and Petrus Schenk the Younger (1660-1711).