- Title: Suite de l'Histoire du Royaume de Syrie, Depuis l'An 3821 jusqu' à l'An 3858
- Author: Louis Charles Desnos
- Date: c. 1770
- Medium: Hand-colored copperplate engraving
- Condition: Very Good Plus - light age toning and foxing, issued center fold
- Inches: 21 1/2 x 15 [Paper]
- Centimeters: 54.61 x 38.1 [Paper]
- Product ID: 315094
Map of the Middle East and Eastern Europe. Includes the Caspian Sea, part of the Black Sea, the Persian Gulf, and parts of present-day Georgia, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Iraq, Iran, Turkmenistan, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, U.A.E., Turkey, Lebanon, and Jordan.
Louis Charles Desnos (1725-1805) was a geographer, bookseller, engineer, and marketer for globes and spheres. Desnos held the coveted position of Royal Globemaker to the King of Denmark, Christian VII. The map features original hand color in outline as well as columns of French text, with remarks and details, on the left and right of the map.