- Title: Royaumes d'Arménie et de Cappadoce Depuis l'An 3781, jusqu' à l'An 3856
- Author: Louis Charles Desnos
- Date: c. 1770
- Medium: Hand-colored copperplate engraving
- Condition: Very Good Plus - light age toning and foxing, issued center fold
- Inches: 21 1/2 x 15 [Paper]
- Centimeters: 54.61 x 38.1 [Paper]
- Product ID: 222065
Map of the Holy Land showing the regions of Judea, Samaria, Syria, Palestine, and Arabia, among others. Also shows part of the Mediterranean Sea, the Dead Sea, the Sea of Galilee, and the cities of Jerusalem and Bethlehem.
Louis Charles Desnos (1725-1805) was a geographer, bookseller, engineer, and marketer for globes and spheres. Desnos held the coveted position of Royal Globemaker to the King of Denmark, Christian VII. The map features original hand color in outline as well as columns of French text, with remarks and details, to the left and right of the map.