- Title: The Phenician Colonies
- Author: John Baptist de Freval
- Date: 1738
- Medium: Copperplate engraving
- Condition: Very Good - light age toning, wear and discoloration along fold lines, light surface dirt in areas
- Inches: 6 1/8 x 5 1/4 [Image]
- Centimeters: 15.56 x 13.34 [Image]
- Product ID: 319049
The names of the countries watered by the Mediterranean are all Significant in the Phenician language. Of this we may judge by the two words Spain and Italy.
Map of the Mediterranean Sea showing locations colonized by the Phoenician Empire. Includes the Iberian Peninsula, Italy, Greece and the Balkans, Asia Minor, North Africa, Egypt and the Nile River, the Black Sea, the Crimean Peninsula, and the islands of Crete, Sardinia, Sicily, Corsica, Cyprus, and the Baleares.